Why You Need More Than What The The Average Residential Real Estate Inspections Las Vegas Residents Require
The residential real estate inspections Las Vegas professionals provide go over the general state of a home. Any problems that they find, you will be notified of. However, there may be a specific part of the home that you feel warrants a closer look. Sometimes if a home is old, a realtor is going to require a more thorough report of a particular area. On the other hand, newer homes with more modern features need inspections that cover every component of the home. Investing in a specialized real estate inspection will give you the more in depth report that you need.
Common Specialized Residential Real Estate Inspections Las Vegas Home Inspectors Provide
- Synthetic Stucco Inspection – EIFS, or synthetic stucco is what we see on the outside of many Las Vegas homes. As common as it is, it is not perfect. Synthetic stucco can trap moisture. Consequently, this trapped moisture can cause the growth of mold and mildew in your home, possibly leading to a number of health issues for you and your family. Having the stucco on your home inspection for cracks or any other sign of excess moisture can prevent this.
- Sloping And Grading – A common reason that homes “fail” a home inspection is because of poor sloping and grading. This means that water does not drain away from your house properly, causing water damage. You may be referred to someone who specializes in this area. They will be able to tell you how to fix your sloping problem. Additionally, the inspector can tell you how the type of soil around your home affects drainage. You will be able to make any changes necessary based on this report.
- Pool And Spa Inspections – Many Las Vegas residents enjoy the luxury of having a pool or hot tub in their own backyard. The common residential real estate inspections Las Vegas residents receive do not always include an inspection on this part of a home. However, many inspectors will provide this service for an additional fee. It is important to have this inspection done. If there are any issues with how the pool or spa is running or with how it is built the inspector will make you aware. You will feel much better beating the heat in a pool that you know is safe to be in!
- Arborist – Don’t wait until it’s too late to find out that your backyard tree is too close to your house. Tree roots affect the amount of water in the soil around them. This allows for the concrete and dirt beneath the house to crack and shift. So while tree roots do not often directly cause foundation damage, they do inspire it. Arborists can tell you if a tree is going to cause you trouble down the road. Additionally, and arborist can will be able to tell you when a tree is sick and recommend its removal. This will prevent other trees in the area from dying for the same reason.
- AC Unit – A working AC unit is essential in the Las Vegas heat. Any home inspector should be able to tell you if your AC unit isn’t working properly, but will they be able to identify the problem? In many cases an inspector who finds that your AC unit is damaged will recommend that you get the unit inspected. Now that you know what the problem is you can see that it is taken care of properly.
- Radon – Behind smoking, radon is the biggest cause of lung cancer. Radon is a gas that we are unable to see or smell. Although most homes are unaffected, investing in this inspection is worthwhile. Moving a family into a home with these kinds of potential dangers is not something you would willingly do. This is not a risk that you really want to take. Radon tests are fairly inexpensive to have done on a home and can save you a lot of heartache in the future.
Choosing a Las Vegas Home Inspector
Make sure that you choose an inspector that you can trust. All Las Vegas inspectors need to be certified. You should be able to make sure that your inspector’s credentials are in check. Moreover, you should find an inspector who communicates well and is willing to answer your questions. By getting a thorough inspection the first time around you will be saving yourself time and money in the future. A good inspector will be able to refer to other places that can identify any problems that they cannot. The specialized residential real estate inspections Las Vegas professionals provide make it easier for Las Vegas residents to find their dream homes.